Casserole Delight !
We discovered lately that a casserole is a great and fun way of making power packed and nutritious lip smacking meal that can be had anytime of the day !!
What you’ll need
Well, this actually depends on what you’d like in your casserole. You could even include some left over baked beans or whatever that may not be enough by itself to make a full meal, but could be a welcome addition to a casserole bake.
- 1 medium sized baking tray
- 1 medium sized non-stick pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of wheat bread
- 2 Eggs – beaten, add some milk for flavour if required
- 1 Capsicum – seeded & cut into rounds
- 1 Tomato – cut into rounds/chopped
- 1 large red onion – cubed
- 100 g of button mushrooms – sliced
- 4 slices of salami – chicken/pork
- Mozzarella cheese – grated
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper & salt
- Sauces – according to preference – I’ve used classic BBQ and some Caesar dressing
Line the baking tray with some olive oil.
Proceed to arrange the bread slices and cut capsicum…
…pour over the caesar dressing…
Next, arrange the salami slices…
In the non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Saute onions, mushrooms and baked beans. Add pepper & salt to taste.
Transfer the sautéed contents into the baking tray…
add the chopped tomatoes…
Pour over the beaten eggs & top off with BBQ sauce…
..finish off by grating mozzarella cheese and sprinkle oregano liberally over it.
Pre-heat the oven and keep the tray inside when ready. Bake at 180 deg C for about 15-20 mins.
And voila…Cut & serve.
Bon Appetite m/